Survey for State Directors
A National Study of Transition Policies and Practices in State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies
The purpose of this study is to provide the Rehabilitation Services Administration, U. S. Department of Education, with a descriptive national picture of policies and practices among State Vocational Rehabilitation agencies as they affect transition-age youth.
The following survey is one part of this study and will support it by identifying current policies and resources at the state level that support transition services and promising state and local practices. This survey will also identify barriers that may prevent quality transition practices.
Instructions for Completing the Survey
- This survey should be completed by the Director or designee of the Vocational Rehabilitation agency or the Director or designee of Services for the Blind (if that is a separate agency in your state).
- The survey may be completed electronically or on paper (packets will be delivered in the mail).
- To complete the survey electronically, you may:
- Electronic versions, when completed, should be saved as an MS Word document and emailed to email@example.com as an attachment (paper versions should be returned in the mail to the address provided).
- We would appreciate it if you could complete and return the survey by September 1, 2006.
- Individuals who would prefer an alternate format (such as any size large print or Braille) of the survey should contact Joe Timmons at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-5659.
- Some questions may not be applicable or requested data may be unavailable; please leave those blank.
If you have questions or need more information about the study or the survey, contact Mike Norman, the Study Group Inc., at 252-441-2788 or David Johnson, Institute on Community Integration, at 612-624-1062.
This study is being administered by the Study Group Inc. with its partner, the Institute on Community Integration at the University of Minnesota.
Thank you for participating in this study.